Wednesday, May 12
Dear EPS Parents,
Tuesday, May 11, 2021, was a significant day in the life of Edmond Public Schools. For the 60th time since 1959, citizens overwhelmingly approved bond issues to fund school additions, purchase land for future schools and make repairs and upgrades to existing facilities.
The two bond propositions: one for $63.7 million in school improvements, and another which allocates $1.3 million towards district transportation were approved by 77% of voters. This unprecedented level of support is one of the reasons Edmond remains one of the most sought-after school districts in the state.
Below is a recap of projects on the bond propositions. Funds are provided for:
- Classroom additions at Redbud Elementary and Scissortail Elementary
- Construction of a new media center at Cross Timbers and renovation of the old media center into classrooms
- Renovations and upgrades at older schools – those built before 1990. Northern Hills, Sunset, Ida Freeman, Orvis Risner, Charles Haskell, Chisholm, Russell Dougherty, Will Rogers, and Clegern
- High School additions and renovations – North competition gym, Santa Fe, and Memorial classroom additions
- Parking improvements at 11 different schools
- Curriculum and equipment
- Land for additional schools
- Roofing, HVAC, flooring
- Expansion of the FFA facilities (ag mechanics)
- Transportation equipment
Sincere appreciation is extended to those who participated in the election. Thank you for exercising your right as citizens and for the confidence placed in the board of education and administration. We will do all within our power to be worthy stewards in the allocation of funds.